Your loudspeakers are the most critical components you use to verify the quality of your work. No matter how good your mixer, mics, preamps, cables, and other pieces of gear that you’ve invested in, you’re not truly hearing what your recordings sound like until you isolate your monitors from their environment.
This is where the Auralex MoPAD-XLs come in. MoPAD-XL Monitor Isolation Pads provide sonic isolation between your monitors and whatever your monitors are resting on, INSTANTLY improving the accuracy of your entire monitoring system.
MoPAD-XLs are designed so that they can be used to support virtually all sizes of bookshelf loudspeakers or recording monitors up to 100 lbs. each (or up to 200 lbs. with a pair per monitor). While most smaller loudspeakers may be sufficiently supported by a single MoPAD-XL, many require the support of two MoPAD-XLs (1 pair per monitor).
MoPAD-XLs are affordable, easy to implement and really effective at decoupling your monitors from your room and all its contents. You’ve gotta get some! Until you do, you’ll never know what your recordings really sound like.
MoPAD-XLs are extraordinarily effective AND really versatile. The patented design allows for 5 different positioning options. By using the included MoPAD-XLs Wedge Adjusters, you can adapt your loudspeakers to listening angles of -8°, -4°, 0°, +4° and +8°, as shown below. Use our Room Treatment eXpress (RLX) App to quickly find the best treatment solution for your space!
- Sold in pairs so they can accommodate many different sizes of monitors, including monitors placed horizontally
- A pair includes (4) base pieces and(4) angling wedge pieces
- Base Pieces are 12″ long x 8.75″ wide x 2″ tall thick and 1 pair can support 200 pounds limitation
- Enhances sonic clarity of studio monitors by eliminating sympathetic resonances within the room
- Yields a tighter, more precise bass response while un-masking otherwise obscured higher frequencies