If you haven't heard of AKG's C 414, you've no doubt HEARD it. That baby is in practically every big recording studio around. It's also a stage favorite. And a broadcast favorite. You get the picture. Why are we telling you all this? Because the AKG C 214 was made to be the cost-effective alternative to that high-end C 414, that is still made in Austria. So now all of us with a project studio can actually put that AKG sound to work on our recordings. Not a bad thing, right? Definitely.
- Sonic character of the C414 XLII for beautifully detailed recording of lead vocals and solo instruments
- Outstanding dynamic range and ultralow noise for close-up recording of high-output sources of up to 156dB SPL
- Switchable 20dB attenuator and bass-cut filter for close-up recording and reduction of proximity effect
- Integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise and vibration from stage
- Roadworthy design all-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish