C214ENGINEERED EXCELLENCEfor recording of lead vocals and solo instruments in studio and on stage
The C214 large-diaphragm condenser microphone has been designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end C414 family. Like the C414, the C214 offers a supreme one-inch capsule on an integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise. A switchable 20dB attenuation pad allows recording of loud sources of up to 156dB SPL. A switchable bass-cut filter allows close-up recording with almost no proximity effect. The C214 captures sound by combining one capsule of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and the patented AKG Back-Plate Technology, resulting in an outstanding performance close to the famous C414 XLII.
The new C 214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C 414 family. This new microphone uses the same 1-inch dual-capsule as the legendary C 414 in a single-diaphragm, cardioid-only design. The result is a class-leading performance close tothat of the famous C414 B-XLS.
Legendary Large-Diaphragm Sound
The C 214 has AKG’s legendary large-diaphragm sound and is capable of incredible 143 dB dynamic range for uncompressed, life-liketransients. The C 214’s edge-terminated capsule delivers a highly-detailed, up-front sound that brings out every nuance of any voice orinstrument. Thanks to its switchable 20-dB attenuation pad and low cut filter, the C 214 can be used in sound fields as high as 156 dB SPL –so it can be used on stage for close-up miking for even very loud applications like drum overheads, guitar amps or high-output brass.
AKG's Roadworthy Construction
The C 214 features an integrated capsule suspension that reduces mechanical noise and resonances for even greater sonic accuracy.The double mesh, all-metal grille protects the capsule and ensures high RF immunity without affecting acoustical performance. The C 214 hasa roadworthy construction quality with a modern scratch-resistant finish, a dent-resistant, metal grille and a gold-plated XLR-type output.
What's in the Box
The C 214 comes complete with carrying case, windscreen, and spider-type shock mount.
AKG’s legendary C 414 needs no introduction – it is a tool found in most recording studios and has been used on thousands of hit records; it’sbeen on stage with artists of every musical genre and is also used by leading broadcast facilities the world over.
- Audio Frequency bandwidth 20 to 20000 Hz
- Sensitivity 20 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level 13 dB-A
- Signal to Noise 81 dB-A
- Preattunation Pad -20 dB
- Bass Cut Filter 160 Hz
- Electrical Impedance 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance 1000 Ohms
- Polar Pattern cardioid
- Polar Pattern 1 Cardiod
- Polar Pattern Picture 1 9849
- Number 1
- Voltage 9 to 52 V
- Current 2 mA
- Sonic character of the C414 XLII for beautifully detailed recording of lead vocals and solo instruments
- Outstanding dynamic range and ultralow noise for close-up recording of high-output sources of up to 156dB SPL
- Switchable 20dB attenuator and bass-cut filter for close-up recording and reduction of proximity effect
- Integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise and vibration from stage
- Roadworthy design all-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish