Load virtually any sample via standard SD or SDHC card and assign it to any of the Akai Professional MPX8’s eight backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads.
It’s that simple.
Use it in the studio. Use it live on stage or on air. MPX8 packs proven Akai Pro technology into a compact, durable design that’s built to perform.
MPX8 also has USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs. Control everything from music software on your laptop to outboard MIDI gear. The included USB cable and 1/8”-to-MIDI adapter make it easy to connect.
With the included sample kit editor, you can easily arrange, tune, and add reverb to your samples on your Mac or PC before loading them onto MPX8. The editor’s drag-and-drop functionality makes loading your samples as easy as possible.
- 8 pads (velocity-sensitive and pressure-sensitive)
- 8 Internal Kits
- 99 User Kits possible (on optional SD card, sold separately)
Internal Sounds: 21
Supported File Format
- 16-bit mono WAV with a sample rate of 48, 44.1, 32, 22.05, or 11.205 kHz
Supported SD Cards
- SD or SDHC up to 32 GB capacity (FAT16 or FAT32 file format)
- (2) 1/4” TS (Main Out)
- (2) 1/8” TRS (Headphone Out)
- (2) 1/8” TRS (MIDI In/Out)
- (1) USB-MIDI port
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) Kensington lock slot
- 5 V, 1 A (via USB)
Dimensions (width x depth x height): 11.6” x 4” x 1.3”
Weight: 1 lb
- MPX8 Sample Kit Editor (download)
- Loop Library (download)
- USB Cable
- (2) 1/8”-to-MIDI Adapters
- USB Power Adapter
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
- Trigger sound samples from standard SD card (SD card sold separately)
- 8 velocity-sensitive and pressure-sensitive pads
- Drag-and-drop sample editor for Mac and PC included
- Built-in library of popular sounds, samples, and bumps; includes additional free Akai Pro loop library download
- Tune, add reverb and save sample sets for easy recall
- USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs
- 1/8" headphone output and balanced 1/4" outputs