If you’ve seen our run-down of 30 Of The Best EQ Plugins In The World, you’ll know we’re already big fans of the original, and we weren’t sure how they would improve on that – but better Pro-Q 2 is, with a host of new features and fairly dramatic enhancements to existing specifications, not least in terms of CPU efficiency.
Some of the highlights in the New Features list include:
- A new Natural Phase mode to even better model the response of analogue EQ, and improvements to Linear Phase and Zero Latency modes
- Spectrum Grab – This allows you to grab and adjust a peak in the real-time spectrum analyzer
- A Full Screen mode for precision EQing, as well as a variety of interface sizes to toggle between
- New EQ filter types — Tilt Shelf and Band-Pass, in addition to the existing Bell, High/Low Cut, High/Low Shelf, and Notch filter shapes
- A new large output level meter with peak level readout
- Greatly improved CPU optimization makes Pro-Q 2 more than twice as efficient as its predecessor